The home selling season is in. Palm Beach County Real Estate is booming! You want to sell your home before the snowbirds move back North and you will lose the momentum. There are steps you can take to sell your home quickly. How can you make it happen? First, of course, you want to make sure your home looks its best. “Curb appeal is everything.” Driving into the driveway and walking into that front door sets the expectations and gives you 20 second for a first impression. Another factor that’s equally important for a speedy sale: setting the right price. Many sellers think they should start the price high and then lower it later if the house fails to sell. But some agents say that’s often a recipe for a slower sale – sometimes even at a lower price.
The first 30 days the activity of your house being on the market is always the best activity you’re going to see. If the house is priced fairly, you’ll get a lot of prospective buyers through the door and potentially attract multiple offers. But if the asking price is too high, many buyers and their agents will stay away, assuming you’re not serious about selling or you’re unwilling to negotiate. In a neighborhood of similar homes with frequent sales, it’s easy to estimate the correct sales price of your home by looking at the per-square-foot price of recently sold homes and making adjustments for yours based on condition and features. In an area where the homes vary widely or there are few recent sales, estimating the sales price is more challenging. Start by looking at homes that have sold in Palm Beach County Real Estate area and in comparable neighborhoods in the past six months. Look at the listing photos and descriptions to compare features. See what the homes eventually sold for and how long they were on the market. Then find homes currently for sale, which will be your competition. All of these factors will give you an idea of the right sale price.
Get Your Free Estimate Price of Your House by Real Estate Agent here Instant Home Value to have an idea how much you can sell for.
When choosing an agent, don’t assume that the one who suggests the highest price for your home is the best option. Palm Beach County Real Estate Agents will possibly suggest the price you want to hear to win your business. If that’s not the right price for the house, he or she may actually cause you more trouble because it could take longer to sell your home, and it may end up selling for less.
Before you start showing your home, look over it with a critical eye and make sure it is ready for sale. Once a potential buyer has seen the house, they’ve seen it! And if they don’t like what they see, they won’t be back for a second look.
Here are 14 tips to make your home sell faster.
1. Price it right from the start. Agents and buyers know when they find a good deal, and they know they need to move quickly.
2. Enhance your home’s curb appeal. That could mean adding new sod, planting flowers, painting the front door or replacing the mailbox. Prospective buyers form an opinion the moment they see the home.
3. Update the interior and exterior. New fixtures, fresh paint, and updated landscaping are all fairly easy and affordable ways to give your home a makeover.
4.Clean and declutter. Remove excess furniture. The fewer things there are in the home, the larger it will look. You may want to hire a cleaning service to do a deep cleaning, including washing the windows.
5. Depersonalize. Remove family photos, religious items, and political posters. Get all the children’s drawings off the refrigerator. You want prospective buyers to envision their family in the house, not yours.
6. Fix anything that’s obviously broken. A cracked windowpane may not bother you, but it gives the impression that the homeowner is careless about maintenance.
7. Stage the house to show how the rooms are supposed to be used. If you have odd rooms with no obvious role, give them one. An odd alcove off the kitchen could be staged as an office or a pantry, for example.
8. Make the property easy to show. The more flexible you are about visits, the more people will be able to see your home. Be ready to welcome prospective visitors early in the morning, at night and on weekends, with little notice.
9. Go away when the house is shown. You want the buyers to imagine themselves living in the home and to peek into closets without feeling like intruders.
10. Remove your pets. Also remove their paraphernalia, such as dog dishes and cat litter boxes (or at least hide them). A prospective buyer shouldn’t even know that a pet lives in the home.
11. Deal with an agent who’s going to showcase your house on social media. Share the listing yourself, too.
12. Make sure your listing is on all the major online portals, including Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. This is usually part of an agent’s service, however, many agents don’t care to do this.
13. Ensure the listing has good photos and lots of them. Most homebuyers start their search online and decide which homes they want to see based on the photos. You probably want something better than snapshots taken quickly with your agent’s phone. Homesellers Realty agents are providing free professional wide-angle photo services and drone pictures.
14.Share information about life in the neighborhood. The listing should include photos not only of the house, but also of nearby recreation, dining, and shopping areas. If the schools are good, make sure that information is in the listing. Get involved with social blogging services and higher agent who has a big Facebook audience.
Homesellers Realty has over 6 thousand likes, efficient and proven marketing PLAN and our web pages are directed to thousands related social groups and real estate directory.
We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date market data in the area. Our team is made up of caring, knowledgeable professionals that work tirelessly to help you with the home buying and selling process. Get Estimate Price of Your House by Real Estate Agent or Estimated Equity Assessment of Your Home.
My newsletter carries a substantial amount of information about the local real estate market making it easier to make a knowable decision on what can be your next move. Selling or buying a home is probably the biggest financial decision you will make in your lifetime. Get all tools and information you need directly from the Realtor.
If you’re a homeowner, your net worth got a big boost over the past several years due to rapidly rising home prices. You probably accumulated decent amount of equity on your house.